Senior Project Manager
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/26/2021 11:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Senior Project Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Project Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Project Manager? Senior Project Manager, Media & Labor Economics
What You’ll Do
The Senior Project Manager, Media & Labor Economics will be responsible for research and analysis of media-related business entities and industry segments to support SAG-AFTRA's negotiations, contract enforcement, organizing and strategic decision-making. The individual will perform this research and analysis using both public, licensed and proprietary sources of information, communicating relevant findings in the form of written reports and presentations.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Conduct financial statement and operating analyses of publicly-held companies.
• Research, analyze and identify the implications for internal clients and members of the business trends of publicly- and privately-held companies.
• Track the macro-level economic data in the media and advertising industries, identify, analyze and communicate meaningful trends.
• Find, analyze and present specific business information to address strategic and operational questions.
• Critically evaluate the quality, relevance and implications of business and economic information.
• Gather relevant business and economic intelligence to inform analysis and strategic decision-making.
• Maintain internal databases of researched information
• Clearly communicate analyses and relevant findings in written and/or presentation formats; respond to questions and/or concerns raised by internal clients.
• Act on behalf of the National Director as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
• Comprehensive understanding of micro- and macro-economics principles.
• Must possess a strong analytical ability.
• Understanding of Media, Entertainment, and/or Advertising industries.
• Superior writing skills.
• Ability to present relevant findings in compelling, succinct presentations.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both in verbal and written form.
• Capable of working effectively under pressure, and to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non-exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-
• AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. Economics, Finance, Business etc.) with 7-10 years of relevant experience; or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics or Analytics with 4-7 years of relevant experience.
• College-level coursework and/or experience in Financial Statement Analysis required.
• Candidates may be asked to submit a copy of their Senior Thesis or other comparable research-based writing sample.
• Candidates with management experience in media and/or labor economics will be given preference.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.