Senior Program Manager, Employee Experience
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Program Manager, Employee Experience (People & Culture)
What You’ll Do
The Senior Program Manager, Employee Experience is responsible for the development and administration of the Union’s employee diversity, equity and inclusion programs, employee communications, events and engagement programs. This role is tasked with creating a workplace culture that fosters a sense of belonging, inclusion and engagement and aligns with the Union’s mission, values and management principles.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Research, develop, implement and evaluate DEI programs. Participate in affinity group meetings, support diversity and inclusion initiatives and assist with planning and execution of events as needed. Lead and participate in working groups that are meant to enhance company culture and communication.
• Employee Communications. Develops and implements communications strategies for P&C programs and initiatives; ensures messaging is relevant for target audience and reinforces the Union’s management principles and core values. Creates and manages content on the Union’s intranet. Assists with the preparation and facilitation of the monthly Town Hall and All Staff meetings. Partners with other stakeholders to develop and communicate internal messages as needed.
• Employee Experience & Engagement. Research best practice employee engagement programs and make recommendations to incorporate those that align with SAG-AFTRA’s desired culture and employee experience. Develop and administer methods to obtain employee feedback (i.e. surveys, interviews and workgroups). Plan, implement and evaluate program effectiveness. Recommend program improvements to P&C leadership. Assist with facilitating new hire orientation.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Energetic and outgoing personality with a positive attitude.
• Excellent communication (oral/written), presentation, influencing and collaboration skills.
• Strong project management skills; Ability to effective communicate, collaborate, multitask, organize and prioritize workload for self and others.
• Demonstrated ability to live our values in interactions with others (Shared Accountability, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration).
• Thrives in a dynamic environment; comfortable working with ambiguity and change.
• Creative and innovative thinker, ability to approach opportunities and generate ideas that inspire exciting outcomes.
• Skilled at leading teams and groups of people to desired outcomes.
• Organizational savvy; capable of leveraging resources and networks to drive outcomes.
• Solid analytic skills to interpret data and make sound recommendations to senior management.
• Ability to work autonomously while keeping key stakeholders informed.
• Proficient in computer software programs for documents, presentations, graphic design, intranet content development and survey/analysis tools.
• 3-5 years’ experience developing, implementing and administering position-related human resources programs and services.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related discipline.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• DEI certification preferred.
• SPHR or SHRM-SCP designation preferred.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission.
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities.
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans.
• Generous pension plan.
• Employee discounts and perks.
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.