Senior Digital Design & Content Specialist
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/28/2022 2:19:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Senior Digital Design & Content Specialist jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Digital Design & Content Specialist postings
Full Time Job
Senior Digital Design & Content Specialist (Communications & Marketing)
What You’ll Do
The Senior Digital Design and Content Specialist will focus on managing and maintaining SAG-AFTRA’s web content, web/mobile app design and development. This individual will also work with the Information Technology Department through all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), as required. Works closely with Director of Campaigns on managing projects for the department.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Maintains content on existing Drupal websites and assists in the creation of new websites; aids in the migration of older websites into a modern template/design and implements requested projects for multiple websites/multiple internal customers, while utilizing the latest trends, technologies and best practices.
• Maintains content on SAG-AFTRA’s intranet site and mobile app as needed.
• Maintains product metadata for thousands of pages/documents content on websites.
• Researches and creates compelling content (to promote events, products, etc.) with direction from supervisors.
• Works with internal departments to keep sagaftra.org website content current.
• Works within Drupal CMS, HTML, and CSS.
• Works with business users and IT staff to gather requirements that meet desired user functionality.
• Codes/builds email marketing templates that look and behave similarly across multiple platforms.
• Analyzes site performance using web analytics, and optimizes the effectiveness of designs and creative elements.
• Troubleshoots existing applications that interact with sagaftra.org website.
• Develops user-friendly UI design options based on customer needs.
• Optimizes code and system performance on existing systems.
• Manages digital design projects working closely with Director, Campaigns and business partners across the organization.
• Oversee regular and ongoing campaign, search results and departmental updates on website, ensuring content remains relevant, topical and up-to-date.
• Project manage various digital efforts, from website/app platform updates and design to continuous content archiving.
• Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Able to apply design expertise in creating clean and innovative designs to websites, micro-sites, apps, email content and other web-based creative assets, and brand development efforts.
• Knowledge and application of the latest Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices.
• Ability to interact with a diverse group of people.
• Excellent organizational skills; able to manage multiple long-term projects along with often urgent smaller tasks.
• Ability to prioritize, as well as demonstrate creativity and extreme attention to detail, while working in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess a strong working knowledge of Google Suite products.
• Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Strong ability to problem-solve.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non-exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Services or Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, or related field.
• Experience with proven Front End (UI) Development of websites (including portfolio/work examples showcasing web/interface designs).
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations: N/A
• Familiarity with execution of social media campaigns is desirable.
• Experience in digital programs under an agency, media outlet or publisher is desirable.
• Email marketing experience; Aurea/Lyris email platform experience a plus.
• Google Analytics a plus.
• Experience writing for websites publications a plus
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks