Senior Administrative Assistant
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Administrative Assistant (Entertainment Contracts) - Los Angeles
What You’ll Do
The Senior Administrative Assistant supports the Executive Director, Entertainment Contracts (Theatrical) and handles all administrative aspects of the Entertainment Contracts (Theatrical) department, including but not limited to maintaining department files, coordinating internal and external meetings, and assisting with special projects when needed. This position interacts with senior and executive leadership and may be included on confidential communication and/or privileged documents.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Supports senior staff during and in preparation for contract negotiations and multi-employer collective bargaining.
• Receive, triage, and distribute phone calls and mail.
• Maintain department files.
• Compile data and prepare reports.
• Prepare, distribute, track, maintain and archive correspondence.
• Track and maintains waiver requests and correspondence/agreements between AMPTP/AMPTP entities and SAG-AFTRA.
• Order and maintain supplies for the department, as well as coordinate repairs/replacement of equipment when requested.
• Schedule meetings and arrange video/teleconference calls.
• Coordinates with senior and executive leadership team offices for meetings.
• Assist in formulating meeting agendas.
• Draft and distribute meeting notices.
• Provide support in planning and implementation for activities and events.
• Prepare expense reports.
• Assist in tracking budgets.
• Maintain calendars.
• Maintain and assist in managing workflow and priorities.
• Coordinate travel arrangements.
• Assist with basic research and reporting on various issues.
• Maintain a general knowledge of procedures used in the department.
• Perform other duties in accordance with job responsibilities.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Knowledge of new media technology and the ability and desire to stay abreast of consumer electronic and media.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to follow through.
• Must be a motivated self-starter.
• Highly proficient in all aspects of the position.
• Consistent professional and articulate telephone manner.
• Able to work with local and national member committees within SAG-AFTRA.
• Work independently and as part of a team.
• Must be discreet in sensitive and confidential matters.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills, with proven ability to effectively communicate in these forms.
• Demonstrated proficiency in PC software applications such as MS Word, Excel, Oracle; strong spelling and proofreading); database data entry.
• Able to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented for multi-detailed workload.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment and work under pressure.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Strong knowledge of People & Culture best practices and ability to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to compensation practices.
• Expert interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact, and must be able to cultivate relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Proficient in PC applications and Internet-based systems.
• Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written; consultative skills to gain the respect and trust from staff and leadership alike in building impactful solutions.
• Able to use sound judgment, discretion, and maintain confidentiality on compensation matters.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple assignments and projects; able to thrive in a highly dynamic work environment; able to develop creative solutions.
• High school diploma, administrative assistant experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required; College degree or applicable college courses a plus.
• Previous support experience required.
• Previous customer service experience is preferred.
• Experience working with social media sites a plus.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Basic Office Skills test: spelling, math, grammar and filing – passing score: 76%
• Microsoft Word test (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Microsoft Excel test (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Typing test 35 WPM
• Writing test
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.