Senior Administrative Assistant
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/19/2020 5:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Senior Administrative Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Administrative Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Administrative Assistant? Senior Administrative Assistant (Contracts CCO)
The Administrative Assistant handles all administrative aspects of the Contract Negotiation and Knowledge Management department to include maintaining department files, both physical and in the Knowledge Management system, coordinating internal and external meetings, and assisting with special projects when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Assist with basic research and reporting on various issues.
• Receive, triage, and distribute phone calls and mail.
• Compile data and prepare reports.
• Maintain department files.
• Schedule meetings and arrange video/teleconference calls.
• Assist in formulating agendas.
• Draft and distribute meeting notices.
• Prepare, distribute, and archive correspondence.
• Maintain calendars.
• Provide support in planning and implementation for activities and events.
• Prepare expense reports.
• Assist in tracking budgets.
• Order and maintain supplies for the department, as well as coordinate repairs/replacement of equipment when requested.
• Maintain and assist in managing workflow and priorities.
• Coordinate travel arrangements.
• Maintain a general knowledge of procedures used in the department.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Must be a motivated self-starter.
• Highly proficient in all aspects of the position, with track record of mastery and success at administrative support responsibilities.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to follow through.
• Able to work with local and national member committees within SAG-AFTRA.
• Must be discreet in sensitive and confidential matters
• Demonstrated proficiency in PC software applications such as MS Word, Excel, Oracle; strong spelling and proofreading); database data entry.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented for multi-detailed workload.
• Able to work well within a team.
• Consistent professional and articulate telephone manner.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills with proven ability to effectively communicate in these forms.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment and work under pressure.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• High school diploma, secretarial training and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• College degree or applicable college courses a plus.
• Previous support experience required.
• Previous customer service experience is preferred.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Basic skills- math, spelling, grammar and filing – passing score: 76%
• Word and Excel (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Typing Test – 35 WPM
• Writing test This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.