Residuals Claims Analyst
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/14/2021 12:19:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Residuals Claims Analyst jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Residuals Claims Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Residuals Claims Analyst? Responsibilities
What You’ll Do
To provide analytical and quantitative support in pursuit of residuals compliance as per the SAG-AFTRA Agreements.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Prepare residuals extrapolations for arbitration as requested by Legal.
• Prepare residuals calculations for residuals and/or legal settlements.
• Research and compile data around exhibition, distribution and licensing of SAG-AFTRA covered pictures.
• Prepare declarations and testify at arbitrations.
• Interpret the various collectively bargained and promulgated SAG-AFTRA agreements.
• Handle producer inquiries and referrals regarding calculations, allocations, reporting and payment of residuals outside of the claims processes.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to read, comprehend and interpret contracts.
• Ability to research and report on relevant data.
• Able to analyze data and make recommendations.
• Comprehensive mathematical skills.
• Problem solving and process management..
• Able to use PC applications.
• Detail oriented
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Undergraduate degree required or 3 years combination of education and work experience with residuals terms or distribution agreements, licenses and statements
• Area of study in Business, Labor Relations or related discipline preferred.
• Legal and accounting experience is a plus.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.