SAG-AFTRANew York, NY
Full Time Job
Research Assistant (Commercials & Corp Ed & Non Broadcast Contracts)
The Research Assistant is responsible for analyzing companies and trends relating to the advertising industry to identify developments within the commercial sector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze and triage daily casting notice submissions, call sheets and other sources of information and notify contract and organizing staff as appropriate.
• Search relevant sources, including but not limited to social media platforms, industry publications and internal and external databases.
• Conduct business and other searches, and correlate data from multiple sources.
• Compile regular reports on production and performer activity including maintaining and modifying performer and production logs on an as-needed basis.
• Handle incoming performer calls and request for information as well maintaining records of activities and filing.
• Institute investigations and follow-up on pending matters and complete assignments independently.
• Assist in developing reports – internal and external.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Demonstrate effective skills in the use of PC applications: Strong proficiency in Excel, internet search engines, etc.
• High level of attention to detail, analytical skills, critical thinking, and multi-tasking.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment.
• Ability to be flexible.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop collaborative relationships.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Prior research experience preferred.