This was removed by the employer on 9/23/2022 6:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Program Manager jobs in Chicago-IL
Search all Program Manager postings
Full Time Job
Program Manager (Chicago)
What You’ll Do
The Program Manager for the Chicago Local plans, organizes, and implements various programs for the Local. The position is responsible for communications related to member programs and works closely with Local staff, committees, and members in support of all Local initiatives. The Program Manager may additionally provide administrative support to executive staff.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Plan, manage, and implement programs developed by the Chicago Local or Local committees. This includes working with member leaders and staff, enlisting and overseeing member volunteers, securing venues, panelists and instructors, maintaining files and documents, budgeting and other duties as needed.
• Cultivate strong relationships with industry partners, elected leaders, committee members and chairs, volunteers, panelists, instructors and SAG-AFTRA staff.
• Coordinate communications on behalf of the Chicago Local including eblasts, newsletters, discounts, social media and the SAG-AFTRA magazine. Work with Communications & Marketing staff to ensure the integrity of the SAG-AFTRA brand in all Chicago Local communications.
• Responsible for archiving all local communications-related documents and images.
• Manage any SAG-AFTRA member space, including updating any lobby audio-visual displays, member boards and literature.
• Review and ensure all department functions and processes are documented, updated, and utilized for the purposes of training and process improvement.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written; editing and proofreading skills; consultative skills to gain the respect and trust from staff and leadership alike in building impactful solutions.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple assignments and projects; able to thrive in a highly dynamic work environment; able to develop creative solutions.
• Outstanding attention to detail and precise execution skills.
• Proficient in PC applications, Internet-based systems, and utilizing social media.
• Demonstrate ability and initiative to problem solve, follow up on pending matters and assume responsibilities beyond normal duties.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience; able to respond to difficult situations and individuals in a tactful and diplomatic matter; able to skillfully cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Able to use sound judgment, discretion, and maintain confidentiality on sensitive matters.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet business needs.
• Must be willing to travel as necessary for SAG-AFTRA to meet its business needs.
• Two years of experience running educational or similar programming
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Two years of social media experience
• Demonstrated writing skills
• Working knowledge of the entertainment industry and/or with unions preferred.
• Experience with G-Suite, including Slides, Sheets, etc. preferred.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks