SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Program Manager, LA Local
What You’ll Do
The Program Manager for the Los Angeles Local plans, organizes, and implements various programs for the Local. The position is responsible for communications related to member programs and works closely with Local staff, committees, and members in support of all Local initiatives.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Plan, manage, and implement programs developed by Los Angeles Local committees. This includes working with member leaders, enlisting and overseeing member volunteers, securing venues, panelists and instructors, maintaining files and documents, budgeting and other duties as needed.
• Serve as staff liaison to various committees, including handling committee correspondence, implementing programs within SAG-AFTRA guidelines, supporting committee chairs, coordinating with SAG-AFTRA departments, assisting with meeting agendas, yearly budgets, and governance department requests.
• Cultivate strong relationships with industry partners, elected leaders, committee members and chairs, volunteers, panelists, instructors and SAG-AFTRA staff.
• Work with Communications & Marketing staff to ensure the integrity of the SAG-AFTRA brand in all L.A. Local communications.
• Oversee creation, production and dissemination of regular local member communications such as eblasts, newsletters, discounts, social media and prepare contributions for the SAG-AFTRA magazine.
• Responsible for archiving all local communications-related documents and images.
• Manage the SAG-AFTRA member lobby, including updating lobby audio-visual displays, member boards and literature.
• Review and ensure all department functions and processes are documented, updated, and utilized for the purposes of training and process improvement.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple assignments and projects; able to thrive in a highly dynamic work environment; able to develop creative solutions. Expert writing, proofing and editing skills.
• Outstanding attention to detail and precise execution skills.
• Exceptional oral and written command of English language and English grammar.
• Demonstrate ability and initiative to problem solve, follow up on pending matters and assume responsibilities beyond normal duties.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience; able to respond to difficult situations and individuals in a tactful and diplomatic matter; able to skillfully cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Proficient in PC applications and Internet-based systems.
• Able to use sound judgment, discretion, and maintain confidentiality on sensitive matters.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment, where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet business needs.
• Must be willing to travel as necessary for SAG-AFTRA to meet its business needs.
• Two years of experience running educational or similar programming
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Two years of social media experience
• Demonstrated writing skills
• Working knowledge of the entertainment industry and/or with unions preferred.
• Experience using Eloqua email management software is a plus.
• Experience using Oracle is a plus.
• Experience with graphics software is a plus
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.