Program Manager, People Development
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Senior Director of Culture and Employee Engagement, the People Development Program Manager is responsible for assisting in the planning, development and implementation of career development and training services for SAG-AFTRA. The position routinely collaborates with the People & Culture business partners and recruitment teams, Knowledge Management and members of management to communicate and execute program objectives. As a member of the People & Culture team, you will be tasked with the following areas of responsibility:
• Provide staff with guidance and recommendations for training and career development in collaboration with the manager and business partner.
• Conduct skills, personality and career assessments to assist employees in developing internal career pathing plans.
• Assess skill gaps between high potential talent for succession planning. Collaborate with business partners and managers to develop succession plans
• Oversee the recruitment job skills assessment process. Provide guidance to the recruitment team responsible for administering assessments. Collaborate with the business partners, managers and recruitment to implement changes as needed.
• Maintain ongoing communication with employees to determine progress of internal career search and/or development plan
• Attend weekly recruitment team meetings to review open requisitions and discuss internal candidates’ readiness for consideration.
• Collaborate with Knowledge Management to conduct training needs assessments.
• Assist the Senior Director in designing, planning and implementing identified training programs across SAG-AFTRA.
• Assist with the ongoing development of the new hire orientation and onboarding program.
• Monitor and evaluate training program compliance and effectiveness.
Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
• Strong knowledge of Learning & Professional Development best practices; able to develop and implement creative programs that comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
• Strong interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact, and must be able to cultivate relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written.
• Strong consultative skills to collaboratively design impactful solutions and manage stakeholder expectations.
• Able to use sound judgment, discretion and maintain confidentiality on development matters.
• Highly developed customer service skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree and five years of experience in related field.
• A minimum of four years of program/project management, preferably in the fields of learning and professional development.
• Minimum of 3 years of management experience required.
In addition, we will assess the following competencies as part of the candidate evaluation process.
• Career Coaching
• Member Service
• Project/Process Management
• Job Knowledge
• Developing Employees
Preference will be given to candidates that possess:
• SPHR or PHR/SHRM certification or equivalent human resources management credential is a plus.
• Experience working in a union environment is highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of learning applications preferred.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work. -