Program Manager, Communications
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/30/2022 8:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Program Manager, Communications jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Program Manager, Communications postings
Full Time Job
Program Manager, Communications (LA Local)
What You’ll Do
The Program Manager, Communications will play an integral role in developing and implementing SAG-AFTRA Los Angeles Local communications plans to support all Los Angeles Local functions, programs, and initiatives. In addition to communications campaign planning/execution and oversight of member communications, this position will collaborate with the Communications & Marketing Department to ensure organizational and departmental brand alignment, provide communications consultation to SAG-AFTRA leadership, and establish Los Angeles communication standards.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• In collaboration with Local staff and leadership, develop and implement communications strategies for current and future programs and initiatives, ensuring messaging is timely and relevant for the target audience. Work with Communications & Marketing staff to ensure the integrity of the SAG-AFTRA brand in all Los Angeles Local communications.
• Support staff in the development of programming as needed.
• Serve as the staff liaison to the Los Angeles Communications Committee.
• Oversee creation, production and dissemination of regular Local membership communications, including eblasts, newsletters (print and/or digital), and social media.
• Create all Los Angeles-related content for SAG-AFTRA national magazine and MOVE LA.
• Responsible for archiving all communications-related documents and images for the Local.
• Negotiate and approve SAG-AFTRA discounts for Los Angeles area members.
• Manage the SAG-AFTRA member lobby, including updating lobby audio-visual displays, member boards and literature.
• Collaborate with Local and National staff in support of programs, meetings and events as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Expert writing, proofing and editing skills.
• Outstanding attention to detail and precise execution skills.
• Exceptional oral and written command of English language and English grammar.
• Long and short-term planning skills are essential.
• Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks with multiple deadlines.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience; able to respond to difficult situations and individuals in a tactful and diplomatic matter; able to skillfully cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Demonstrated proficiency in PC software applications, including photo editing, Excel, Word, Desktop Publishing and PowerPoint.
• Ability to show discretion with sensitive and confidential matters.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment, where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• A Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or related field with 2-4 years of experience in all aspects of communications, or 4-6 years of relevant work experience.
• At least 2 years of social media experience required.
• Knowledge/ interest in the entertainment and labor industry preferred.
• Demonstrated writing skills and proficiency with AP style required.
• Individuals with project/campaign management experience will be given preference.
• Proficiency with online content management systems preferred.
• Working knowledge of the entertainment industry and/or with unions preferred.
• Experience w ith graphic design applications (Adobe, Canva, Publisher, etc) a plus.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks