SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, US
Full Time Job
Production Manager (Communications & Marketing)
Under the direction of the National Director, Communications and Marketing and the National Director, Digital Strategies and Campaigns, the Production Manager will support all Communications & Marketing campaigns, programs, initiatives, strategies and productions. Key project management functions include planning, trafficking, prioritizing, risk assessment and continual process improvement analysis. The Production Manager will oversee and manage all production within the department, including print, digital and video, and will play a central role in campaign scheduling, materials management and implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed)
• Attend the weekly managers meeting and take notes on campaign planning, scheduling, next steps and assignments.
• Develop and traffic incoming job requests and work with senior executive leadership to assign to project managers and develop over-arching plans.
• Work with the senior managers and project managers to implement their campaign plans by developing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating production elements and schedules and managing the master production schedule to ensure timely completion of all projects.
• Develop production management systems and processes, input all data, develop tracking and reporting metrics and report templates.
• Track and timely report project status, tasks, resources, timelines, deliverables, dependencies, risks and decisions.
• Ensure awareness of project status through informational meetings, status reports and project management tool(s).
• Identify issues and focus on issue resolution and escalation.
• Evaluate internal opportunities for process/technical improvements.
• Assist in obtaining approvals and key decisions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Detailed-oriented, process and deadline driven with the ability to focus and produce results under tight deadlines without constant supervision.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with project management tools and work experience with Google Workspace products required. Experience with Monday, ClickUp, Basecamp and others is a big plus.
• Comfortable taking direction from multiple partners and working independently
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Ideal candidate will be confident, 100% reliable, energetic with a positive attitude, accept responsibility, and handle pressure well.
• Experience in the advertising and agency industry strongly preferred. Labor union, entertainment and media industry experience a plus
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such a level as is determined at SAG AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, or advertising preferred. Related familiarity with information technology project management is helpful.
• At least four years prior production management experience in an agency or corporate environment.
• Working knowledge of communications and marketing standards and practices.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.