SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
What You’ll Do
Responsible for processing financial transactions relating to new hires, rehires, promotions, raises, tax information, benefit deductions, awards, leaves of absence, expense reimbursements, bonuses, garnishments, child support withholdings, and other accounting functions.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Complete assigned monthly ledger entries and other financial transactions in accordance with accounting principles so that the general ledger is accurate and up-to-date.
• Reconcile accounts, enter journal entries, and maintain a complete and accurate general ledger in accordance with accounting principles and reporting schedules.
• Verify pay calculations of manual checks for accuracy in overtime, pre-tax deductions, social security wage limits, etc.
• Reconcile bank and other general ledger accounts for payroll and employee benefit accounts.
• Complete and evaluate general ledger month-end and year-end procedures for payroll, including but not limited to journal entries, account reconciliations, adjustments and accruals.
• Corroborate and research budgeted vs. actual variances as it relates to payroll accounts.
• Assist with audit preparation process, including but not limited to fiscal and calendar year-end audits, and employee benefit audits.
• Maintain confidentiality of employee information.
• Interact, guide, and support employees and payroll team members, as needed.
• Follow established procedures and guidelines to accurately maintain the organization's financial records and transactions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Must be able to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy and have excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability to use computers to enter, access, and retrieve financial data.
• Strong working knowledge of accounting practices, and procedures.
• Ability to analyze situation accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
• Ability to deliver excellent customer service and be results driven.
• Must be proficient in PC applications (Excel, Word, Oracle, ADP Work Force Now, Chrome River, etc).
• Must be a self-starter and team player.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact, and must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic, and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds; both internally and externally.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Ability to work under pressure in a high-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate multiple tasks under changing deadlines.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Business Administration, Accounting) and 3-4 years of relevant experience or, a combination of education and experience.
• Professional Certification (Certified Payroll Professional) preferred.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks