Membership Services Representative *
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Membership Services Representative (Los Angeles)*
What You’ll Do
The Membership Services Representative will provide a world-class member experience through the delivery of information regarding performer’s interest in joining SAG-AFTRA and acceptance and processing of membership applications. This position provides timely responses to member inquiries regarding all aspects of membership, updating performer records, and works closely with casting directors to clear performers for work under SAG-AFTRA’s jurisdiction.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Respond to telephone, written, and email inquiries from members/performers pertaining to membership eligibility, member status and reinstatement requests; includes face-to-face interaction when assigned to the 1st floor membership lobby.
• Process cast clearance requests (written and verbal); including completing the necessary paperwork; as well as any follow-up needed with the casting director and/or member/performer.
• Handle all phases of the joining process, which includes quoting joining fees, sending out joining forms, processing joining documents, mailing out new member packets; as well as any necessary follow-up with the applicant.
• Update performer records managed by Membership Services, including contact information updates, member category, legal and professional name updates, and mail returned by the USPS.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate a high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, in both verbal and written form; able to write clearly and succinctly.
• Able to work under pressure, be detail oriented; as well possess the ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Demonstrate effective skills in the use of PC applications and type accurately at a rate of 35 WPM.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs; as well as traveling to locations with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2 years customer service experience required
• Fluency in Spanish a plus
• Basic Office skills – Math, Spelling, Grammar, and filing – passing score: 76%
• Typing 35 wpm
• Word and Excel tests (basic and intermediate) – passing score: 76%
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks