Manager, Foreign Royalties & Residuals Analysis
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
What You’ll Do
The Manager, Foreign Royalties and Residuals Analysis is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the department, administration of Foreign Royalties distributions in compliance with the Class Action Settlement Agreement, and residuals oversight of the TriGuild Audit program. As a highly visible member of the Foreign Royalties & Residuals Analysis team , you will be tasked with the following areas of responsibility:
• Manage employees, including, but not limited to, ongoing training and development, coaching, addressing staff conduct and performance evaluations, as well as recruitment and hiring of new staff.
• Oversee the workload of the department, including establishment of goals and objectives.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating Process Manuals.
• Interface with IT to maintain integrity of current Foreign Royalties system and develop system enhancements.
• Responsible for quarterly Foreign Royalties distributions to performers.
• Participate in monthly TriGuild Audit meetings enforcing residuals obligations and manage all related workload.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
• Strong management skills; able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple assignments and projects; able to develop creative solutions.
• Expert interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact, and must be able to cultivate relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Proficient in PC applications and Internet-based systems.
• Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written.
• Must maintain confidentiality of documents and information.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in management, or 5-8 years’ of work experience in management
In addition, we will assess the following competencies as part of the candidate evaluation process.
• Member Service
• Project/Process Management
• Job Knowledge
• Developing Employees
Preference will be given to candidates that possess:
• Residuals and/or accounting experience preferred.
• Experience working in a union environment a plus.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
Balance between work and home life responsibilities
Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
Generous pension plan
Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work. -