Manager, Entertainment Contracts
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION PURPOSE: As a member of the Entertainment Contracts leadership team, the Manager, Entertainment Contracts has responsibility for providing guidance and direction across both signatory and claims teams. The manager will be accountable for the management of the department’s administrative support team with a focus on ensuring member service standards are met at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Assigns and directs the work of the Administrative team members, ensuring a continuing focus on the provision of high levels of service to members, industry representatives and contact center colleagues.
• Provides advice and guidance to Business Reps in all aspects of the signatory and claims processes.
• Identifies, recommends and implements process change to deliver efficiencies within the administrative team and enhance membership experience.
• Assists in the hiring process of new Business Representatives and Administrative team members and conducts departmental and interdepartmental training sessions on SAG-AFTRA Entertainment contracts and departmental systems and processes.
• Supports senior management in the implementation of policies and procedures within the department.
• Participates in various collective bargaining negotiations when requested and attends Wage and Working Condition meetings, as well as any other relevant committee meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• An understanding of the Theatrical, TV and New Media contracts and signatory process, and other related agreements
• Demonstrated proficiency in the interpretation and administration of collective bargaining agreements with an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA
• Ability to effectively communicate with talent agents, managers, business affairs executives, and talent attorneys regarding the provisions in the television and new media agreements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including the ability to defend SAG-AFTRA's position verbally or in writing to staff, members, or outside parties
• Ability to develop and conducts training seminars, as well as represent the Entertainment Contracts department within and outside the organization
• Demonstrative ability and initiative to take on unanticipated problems and assume responsibilities beyond regular duties
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality of information with superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally
• Ability to work in a very fast-paced, high-pressure environment and to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadline. Must be able to work independently and hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity
• Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant experience.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
• Previous experience with collective bargaining agreements required.
• In-depth knowledge of entertainment industry required.
• Juris Doctor degree
• Experience of working within a Labor Union