SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Performs a variety of complex duties requiring a thorough knowledge of SAG-AFTRA’s procedures and policies. Provides administrative support that includes coordinating department projects, scheduling and preparing for meetings, miscellaneous typing, filing, phones, various correspondence and other departmental duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed and the average percent of time spent on each function. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Screen visitors and telephone calls.
• Accept service of and prepare responses to subpoenas.
• Prepare and serve arbitration demands.
• Prepare arbitration exhibit books.
• Prepare, distribute and archive correspondence, including but not limited to, court pleadings and arbitration pleadings.
• Put together, handle and track mass mailings of checks and correspondence.
• Organize reports for supervisors.
• Schedule meetings and arrange conference calls.
• Receive and distribute mail.
• Receive and return phone calls as required.
• Coordinate travel arrangements.
• Prepare expense reports.
• Prepare and submit timesheets and vacation request forms.
• Create and maintain computer documents.
• Maintain department files.
• Maintain a general knowledge of procedures used in the department.
• May be required to attend, record and compose minutes for meetings.
• Transcribe or take dictation if requested.
• Generate correspondence if requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Must deal with confidential matters in a professional and discreet manner.
• Able to effectively communicate in English through oral and written communication methods.
• Able to use PC applications (MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/Time Matters/Oracle/Documentum).
• Detail oriented.
• Able to organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Must possess a high stress tolerance and resilience; work well under pressure.
• Able to professionally field calls from/deal with irate, hostile, and/or difficult personalities.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• High school diploma, secretarial training and 1 to 2 years prior legal secretarial experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Typing test: 45 WPM
• Microsoft Word, Excel tests (basic, intermediate, and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Basic skills test (spelling, math, grammar and filing) – passing score: 76%
• Writing test