This was removed by the employer on 4/2/2021 10:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Executive Director jobs in Doral-FL
Search all Executive Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Director? Executive Director, Miami Local
What You’ll Do
The Miami Local Executive Director is the chief executive for the SAG-AFTRA Miami Local. Under direction of the Assistant National Executive Director, Locals and the Local Board of Directors, this position oversees and manages all aspects of the SAG-AFTRA Miami operation, including the policies and programs adopted by the Local’s Board of Directors in conjunction with SAG-AFTRA’s national strategies, policies and programs.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Manage and oversee the administration, communications, budgeting, governance, organizing and member outreach, legislative advocacy, and general operations for the Local.
• Administer and enforce the Union’s collective bargaining agreements covering performers employed in television, commercials, feature and independent film, corporate/educational programs, interactive games, and other work that may be covered under SAG-AFTRA agreements.
• Assist in national organizing campaigns and in the negotiations of collective bargaining agreements in concert with national initiatives and under the direction of senior staff.
• Administer Local Board meetings. Provide clear and concise reporting to the Local Board as well as the local’s leadership. Ensure compliance with local and national constitutions, policies and adopted procedures.
• Provide support and guidance to member leadership. Develop and carry out internal and external policies, procedures, programs and outreach efforts. Provide leadership training and other programming for member leaders, including work with local and national committees and liaisons. Serve as a liaison to all relevant local member committees, either directly or through supervision of appropriate staff.
• Develop and maintain internal and external relationships. Work collaboratively with all departments to further SAG-AFTRA’s strategic mission. Work with external stakeholders and industry partners within the Local’s jurisdiction.
• Monitor staff performance to ensure successful operations and activities. This includes engagement, training and development. Ensure local office compliance with all People & Culture and organizational policies. Promote a culture of excellence and collaboration within the Local office.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
• Advanced level of management experience and demonstrated leadership skills required to effectively manage and develop a team and individual contributors.
• Negotiation and/or collective bargaining skills: proven ability to mediate disputes and negotiate with tact and diplomacy, and general knowledge of federal and state labor law.
• Exceptional communication skills in English, both oral and written; consultative skills to gain the respect and trust from staff and leadership alike in building impactful solutions.
• Expert interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact, and must be able to cultivate relationships with people from diverse backgrounds and with varied skill sets, both internally and externally.
• Able to use sound judgment, discretion, and maintain confidentiality on sensitive matters.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple assignments and projects; able to thrive in a highly dynamic work environment; able to develop creative solutions.
• Have the self-confidence to take an unpopular position, if appropriate, as well as the judgement to know when to back away from an issue and support a consensus perspective.
• Proficient in PC applications and Internet-based systems. Working knowledge of publications and social media.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs. Must be willing to travel as necessary for SAG-AFTRA to meet its business needs.
• Undergraduate degree in relevant field from an accredited college/university and five years applicable experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum five years management/supervisory level experience, preferably in labor, entertainment, or non-profit.
• Bilingual English/Spanish required.
• Experience in labor negotiations, collective bargaining, labor organizations, union organizing, or non-profit administration preferred.
• Knowledge of entertainment and/or news and broadcast industry, as well as issues affecting creative artists a plus.
• Juris Doctor or advanced degree in labor relations a plus.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.