Executive Director, Contract Administration & Staff Development
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Executive Director, Contract Administration & Staff Development is responsible to ensure that contracts department staff have the support, infrastructure, and business processes and personnel development necessary to operate at maximum effectiveness in an engaging, supportive workplace. S/he will work across departments, including with HR, IT, the Contact Center and Facilities, for the achievement of these goals. S/he will work directly with contract department heads with respect to their own support, development and training and supervise department heads in their efforts to provide support, development and training to their staff in turn. The Executive Director, Contract Administration & Staff Development will hold primary supervisory responsibility for contract department heads, including for completion of annual assessments and communication of feedback throughout the year. S/he will be also be responsible to document and assess business processes and to ensure that departments are continually evaluating how best to deploy their resources. S/he will be responsible to coordinate preparation of departmental budgets, represent the contracts department (or coordinating the department’s representation) on internal organizational development initiatives and serve as the departments’ representative for internal collective bargaining purposes. As part of the Office of the Chief Contracts Officer, s/he will participate in executive decision making and department strategy as it relates to the contract departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Coordinate between department managers and HR on all personnel issues.
• Develop retention, development and succession plans for key staff, as necessary.
• Coordinate with IT, the contact center, facilities, membership and other departments involved in supporting contract department activities and infrastructure.
• Own primary supervisory responsibility for contract department heads, including completing assessments and addressing performance issues as necessary.
• In coordination with HR and other professionals, supervise and deploy organizational development initiatives within contracts designed to maximize the effectiveness of contract department activities.
• Document and assess business processes throughout the contracts department and lead process improvement efforts.
• Coordinate contract department participation in organization wide organizational development activities.
• Prepare and monitor compliance with the Office of the CCO budget and coordinate the preparation and submission of budgets across the contracts department.
• Serve as the contract department representative for negotiations with staff unions.
• Maintain the department’s staff net page and supervise processes for the effective dissemination of information to contract department staff.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Advanced level of management experience and demonstrated leadership skills required to effectively manage and develop team and individual contributors.
• Responsible; self-directed; pro-active; excellent follow-through.
• Creative problem solver.
• Diplomat.Able to mediate disputes and negotiate with tact under pressure.
• Able to communicate proficiently in English, both orally and in writing.
• Able to use PC applications.
• Detail oriented.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a very challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work such hours per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• 5-7 years of relevant work experience
• 5 years senior level management experience
• Extensive experience with collective bargaining agreements strongly preferred
• Undergraduate degree from accredited college or university strongly preferred
• Knowledge of entertainment industry preferred
• Experience with process improvement preferred