Executive Administrative Assistant
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Administrative Assistant (Industry Relations)
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work. -
What You’ll Do
The Executive Administrative Assistant provides overall executive administrative support to Executive Director, Industry Relations . As a highly visible member of the Industry Relations team, you will be tasked with the following areas of responsibility:
• Receives and distributes phone calls, email and mail to the appropriate person(s).
• Provides clerical support and prepare expense reports.
• Schedules meetings and conference calls, as well as coordinates travel arrangements.
• Coordinates special projects and plans Industry Relations events.
• Proofreads/edits and distributes written materials.
• Tracks production schedules.
• Provides assistance in research of issues and initiatives.
• Creates and maintains electronic documents, reports, and executive files.
• Represents SAG-AFTRA at various industry related events.
• Assists with all calls and general knowledge of procedures used in the department.
• Orders and replenishes supplies for the Executive Director, and coordinate repairs/replacement of equipment.
• Assist department and Executive Director, Industry Relations as needed, and performs other duties as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
• Must possess high level of phone skills.
• Must possess a sincere interest in and desire to learn about the entertainment business as it relates to our members and department outreach on their behalf.
• Enthusiasm about the work, understands the sometimes challenging nuances of the entertainment industry, sense of initiative and willingness to learn.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with proven ability to effectively communicate in these forms.
• Proofreading/editing skills, knowledge of business communications and AP style.
• Superlative research capabilities.
• Work independently and as part of a team.
• Must be discreet in sensitive and confidential matters.
• Demonstrated proficiency in PC and Mac applications including solid command of PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
• Able to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented for multi-detailed workload.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment and work under pressure.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Administrative training and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• College degree a plus
• Previous executive support experience a plus
• Knowledge of Spanish a plus
• Basic skills: spelling, math, grammar and filing – passing score: 76%
• Microsoft Word and Excel tests (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Typing test 35 WPM
• Writing test
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
Balance between work and home life responsibilities
Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
Generous pension plan
Employee discounts and perks