Executive Administrative Assistant
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Administrative Assistant (Communications & Marketing)
What You’ll Do
The Executive Administrative Assistant provides overall administrative support to the Chief Communications & Marketing Officer. Responsibilities include scheduling, coordinating projects, meeting/event planning, phone support, records management and written and verbal/telephone correspondence in a fast-paced, media-oriented environment. As a highly visible member of the Communications and Marketing team, you will be tasked with the following areas of responsibility:
• Receive and distribute phone calls, email, and mail, provide clerical support and prepare expense reports.
• Schedule meetings and arrange conference calls.
• Coordinate travel arrangements.
• Assist with research of issues and initiatives.
• Create and maintain computer documents and reports.
• Proofread/edit and distribute press releases and other written materials.
• Maintain executive and department files including the official policy, procedure and style guides for all communications activities.
• Primary support staff for the Communications and SAG Indie Committees and assistant staff support for the Honors and Tributes Committee.
• Assist Chief Communications & Marketing Officer and designees with media calls, maintain an accurate and up-to-date media log, coordinate and sit in on media calls and interviews as required.
• Take fast and legible notes.
• Order and maintain supplies for department. Coordinate repairs/replacement of equipment.
• Assist Chief Communications & Marketing Officer and other department executives as directed.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
• Must maintain confidentiality of documents and information.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Able to accurately type 35-45 WPM.
• Able to use PC applications.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• High school diploma, administrative training and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5 years of previous executive support experience required.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Basic skills: spelling, math, grammar and filing – passing score: 76%
• Microsoft Word and Excel tests (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Typing test 35 WPM
• Writing test
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work. -