Document Center Supervisor
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
What You’ll Do
The Document Center Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of the Document Center staff as well as administrative duties designed to expedite the processes and procedures necessary to support business practices.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Monitors performance of staff; partners with management to hold staff accountable by delivering feedback and ensuring staff adhere to outlined policies and procedures. Maintains positive work environment for Document Center team.
• Assesses and manages current workflow within the department and prioritizes tasks as needed. Troubleshoots problem tasks and identifies workaround fixes.
• Acts as back up to Document Center Manager. Serves as first point of contact for internal escalations and provides de-escalation feedback and guidance as appropriate.
• Assists Document Center Manager in collaborating with various departments to maintain interdepartmental relationships and to help develop options that best suit user functionality by understanding the needs of the business.
• Conducts various tasks such as quality assurance, running of jobs and reports critical to support of business processes, and testing of applications pertinent to Document Center.
• Maintains in-depth working knowledge of SAG-AFTRA systems and processes in order to assist with new hire and continuation training.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Possess the ability to inspire and lead staff in continual improvement initiatives. Able to work well within a team by holding yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate a high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• A strong understanding of record management operations and imaging related software.
• Demonstrate effective skills in the use of PC applications.
• Superb oral and written communication skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and organized to be able to work effectively under pressure while coordinating multiple tasks at a time.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one manager in an environment where constructive feedback is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such a level as is determined by SAG-AFTRA’s attendance policy.
• Must be available and willing to work overtime during the week and on weekends, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Experience in record management processes and workflows.
• Familiar with document management applications such as Documentum, Kofax Capture, Captiva Capture and Omniform Filler.
The individual will preferably have the following qualities and skills to be successful in the position described.
• Technologically and mechanically savvy, with a background in record management.
• Self-sufficient with the ability to work independently with limited direction.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to focus on tasks for long periods of time.
• Able to multitask effectively without compromising the quality or productivity of work.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.