SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Data Analyst (Office of Media & Labor Economics)
What You’ll Do
The Data Analyst is responsible for collecting, organizing, analyzing, reporting and communicating employment, industry and operational data relevant to SAG-AFTRA contracts (i.e. member earnings, production signings, claims filed, etc) with an initial emphasis on the SAG-AFTRA Commercials Contract and eventually all contract areas. The position reports to the Director, Analytics in the Office of Media & Labor Economics (OMLE).
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Monitor commercial usage for commercial claims
• Identify the creative for specified commercials using tools including iSpot, Kantar, etc. in order to calculate payments due to performers under the SAG-AFTRA Commercials Contract
• Serve as the key liaison between OMLE and the Commercials department to facilitate data gathering requirements and address operational requirements
• Own key internal processes including proactive commercial claims monitoring, recurring database updates, and ad-hoc data pulls.
• Attain subject matter expertise on components of data from payroll companies, benefits plans, internal databases, etc. in order to develop strategic solutions to membership as well as internal inquiries.
• Own the process for generating certain quantitative and qualitative reports; creating relevant charts, exhibits and analysis in support of contractual negotiation efforts and OMLE research activities
• Identify the appropriate internal data sources and construct logical queries of SAG-AFTRA databases using Qlikview, Alteryx and other reporting tools
• Assist with initiatives to improve the quality of SAG-AFTRA data by suggesting process improvements related to data input and collection methods
• Build and maintain working relationships with data users, including management, throughout the organization
• Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Must be highly organized and able to work on several projects at one time
• Must have strong attention to detail and have the ability to think quantitatively
• Must have the ability to work individually and as a member of a team
• Must be able to communicate effectively
• Must be able to work under pressure and under short deadlines
• Must be able to think critically
• Must have extensive experience with MS Excel, including advanced features such as pivot tables, vlookups, functions, filters, sorts, etc
• Experience using Alteryx preferred
• Experience writing SQL, R or Python a plus
• Must have experience with databases and analysis of large data sets
• Must be able to identify trends using statistical analysis (knowledge of regression analysis a plus)
• Familiarity with trends in the entertainment and / or commercials industry a plus
• Familiarity with trends in technology and new media a plus
• Must be capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged
• Superlative interpersonal skills—must be able to cultivate strategic and collaborative relationships internally and externally
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion
• Must be available and willing to work such overtime or extended hours per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• A four-year college degree is required in either Business or Liberal Arts (with coursework in economics, statistics, and / or technology).
• Minimum 2 years of experience in data analysis required.
• Experience in the television, film or commercials industry required.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.