Culture and Employee Engagement Specialist
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/14/2021 10:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Culture and Employee Engagement Specialist jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Culture and Employee Engagement Specialist postings
Full Time Job
What You’ll Do
The P&C Culture and Employee Engagement Specialist will contribute to the development and implementation of People Management programs and initiatives, including but not limited to the following areas: Workplace Culture, Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs, Diversity and Inclusion, Training, Learning & Development, Employee Benefits, Performance Management, Employee Communications and Administration. This position will be instrumental in ensuring that People & Culture policies, programs, and services are effectively understood and implemented across the organization. This role will be a trusted partner for employees and management, and play a key role in building solid relationships at all levels in support of the SAG-AFTRA Mission.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• In collaboration with the National Director of Culture and Employee Engagement, will consult, design, and/or deliver comprehensive culture and employee engagement workforce solutions;
• Act as an effective, trusted and credible advisor on people, culture and engagement, and employee-centric programs to support company purpose, mission and values;
• Ensure operational plan improvement, promote a culture of high performance and continuous business process improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality, and drives efficiency using a proactive and anticipatory approach resulting in an enhanced employee experience;
• Establish partnerships across SAG-AFTRA to ensure culture is ingrained in all employee systems such as performance management, rewards and recognition and learning and development;
• Support organizational change management and engagement ensuring it is reinforced for effectiveness;
• Responsible for the day to day administration and processing of employee benefit programs and conduct new hire benefit orientations;
• Assist in writing letters, standard operating procedures, policies, interdepartmental memos and other business correspondences;
• Assist in the Performance Evaluation Program, including but not limited to, providing feedback on system functionality, reviewing appraisals for fairness and consistency, acting as a point of contact for program questions; may participate in employee training sessions;
• Conduct research to determine the effectiveness of P&C programs, services, and policies;
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Knowledge of People & Culture best practices and ability to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to human resources practice.
• Strong interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact, and must be able to cultivate relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Proficient in PC applications and Internet-based systems. Google Suite
• Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written; demonstrated consultative skills to gain the respect and trust from staff and leadership alike in building impactful solutions; exceptional listening skills – receptive to constructive feedback.
• Able to use sound judgment, discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines; able to work well under pressure.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong organizational skills with one or more ongoing assignments; very detail oriented.
• Able to present in front of group of employees. Lead in meetings and discussions.
*The Employer reserves the right to add, delete or change tasks and responsibilities within each job description. Further, in order to maintain efficient operations, work assignments may be redistributed on a short and long-term basis.
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Change Management
• Project/Process Management
• Job Knowledge
• Process Improvement
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field and 2 to 4 years of relevant Human Resources experience.
• Demonstrated experience in at least three of the following areas: Workplace Culture, Employee Engagement & Recognition, Diversity and Inclusion, Training, Learning & Development, Employee Benefits, Performance Management, Employee Communications and Administration.
• Working knowledge of workplace culture, diversity and Inclusion, recognition programs and benefits administration preferred.
• PHR or SHRM certification a plus.
• Experience working in a union environment a plus.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.