Coordinator, Communications & Marketing
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
What You’ll Do
The Coordinator, Communications & Marketing will support all programs, strategies and production of communications and marketing products and initiatives, particularly email marketing. The Coordinator will provide editorial, marketing, research and planning assistance to the Communications & Marketing team along with some administrative duties. This role will assist in the development and implementation of presentations, website updates, a robust photo and video asset library, writing and day-to-day project management.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Create, coordinate approvals and disseminate email communications to SAG-AFTRA members, and provide analytic reports.
• Post content and updates to website and social media as directed.
• May assist with or coordinate pulling daily press clips and other communications materials, including pitches, releases, backgrounders, advisories, guest lists, invite RSVPs, press invites, tip sheets, face books, white papers and other materials as needed.
• Organize and file digital assets such as photos, documents and videos.
• Work with the editorial team on production of SAG-AFTRA electronic and print publications.
• Responsible for some writing, editing, photographing and producing various content as needed.
• Support media relations outreach efforts as directed. This may include, but is not limited to attending events for leadership appearances, editorial coverage, fielding media inquiries, disseminating P.R, materials and tracking P.R. efforts.
• Coordinate events or meetings as assigned.
• Work with team to ensure completion of activities within the department.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
Communications & Marketing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• Excellent copy-editing ability and proficiency with AP Style (must take editorial exam).
• Good working knowledge of public relations standards and practices.
• Have an understanding and awareness of the importance of labor unions, social justice and worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Detailed-oriented, process and deadline driven with the ability to focus and produce results in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines without constant supervision.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week (and/or overtime for applicable non-exempt positions), including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and be proactive, as well as work effectively in a team and across functional groups.
• Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to stay on a determined timeline, while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor; flexibility and adaptability to changes in workload and differing work styles of direct supervisors.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: High degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined by SAG-AFTRA’s attendance policy.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Ability to initiate and promote process improvement.
• Quick learner, flexible, highly adaptable, independent problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities.
• Motivated and knowledgeable, with the ability to work in an environment where the team is small, geographically diverse and subject to sudden and frequent changes in priorities.
• BA/BS degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least two years public relations experience or a combination of agency and in-house experience; heavy exposure to writing, media relations, media tracking and media/event management, along with knowledge/interest in the entertainment industry preferred.
• Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred.
• Experience with email marketing programs such as Oracle’s Eloqua preferred.
• Experience or knowledge of social and traditional media analysis and reporting preferred.
• Knowledge of website/social media best practices; proficiency with online content management systems, such as Drupal, preferred along with a basic working knowledge of HTML.
• Experience with Adobe content creation/editing software preferred.
Certifications and/or Registrations: N/A
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.