SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/16/2023 6:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Case Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Case Manager postings
Full Time Job
Case Manager (Legal) - Los Angeles
What You’ll Do
Supports a team of legal professionals, performs a variety of legal and high-level administrative support duties contributing to the department’s goals and objectives and advancing the mission of SAG-AFTRA.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Prepare and serve arbitration and court filings
• Research records and databases and prepare analyses and summaries of the same
• Research and prepare Final Cast Lists and other documents necessary to payroll legal settlements to union members
• Research signatory producer, production, and union member information
• Research financial assurances legal matters and other subjects, as needed.
• Prepare internal forms for opening settlement accounts, payrolling amounts to performers, and closing accounts
• Coordinate processes with payroll companies for payment of claims
• Receive and verify incoming payroll checks and schedules for accuracy
• Prepare and review forms for closing claims
• Provide assistance with document maintenance and housekeeping of records
• Provide assistance and support for bargaining of internal union collective bargaining agreements
• Prepare performer questionnaires and assist with collection of incoming information/documents necessary for production audits
• Assist in preparation for arbitration hearings, including preparation of arbitration exhibits and management of associated hearing logistics
• Shepardize and cite-check legal documents
• Prepare, serve, distribute and archive correspondence including but not limited to Court pleadings and arbitration pleadings
• Maintain highly-confidential, client-privilege level department files for the team (i.e. member discipline, government affairs, governance, employee cases, etc.)
• Provide superior customer service to the various persons who engage with the Legal Department, including serving as a first level interface for employees of all levels, union members, and studio executives, exercising the highest level of discretion and confidentiality as required
• Serve as backup to others within the legal support team
• Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Must deal with confidential matters in a professional and discreet manner.
• Able to effectively communicate in English through oral and written communication methods.
• Able to use both Microsoft and Google applications and other internal information management systems (GSuite/Google Docs/Google Sheets/Google Slides/Gmail/Time Matters/Oracle/Documentum/Cara).
• Detail oriented.
• Able to organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Able to professionally field calls from/deal with irate, hostile, and/or difficult personalities.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• College degree or equivalent
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Paralegal certificate from an accredited paralegal program preferred. Suitable alternative experience may be acceptable.
• Knowledge and proficiency of court e-filing systems a plus.
• Background in labor or entertainment law preferred.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• The salary range for this position is $64,480.00 annually along with excellent employee benefits.
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks openings