SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/8/2024 6:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Business Representative jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Business Representative postings
Full Time Job
Business Representative (Entertainment Contracts)
What You’ll Do
The Business Representative will audit all aspects of theatrical, television, and new media productions to ensure compliance with various SAG-AFTRA collective bargaining agreements. The Business Representative may also conduct research on upcoming productions and sign producers to the various entertainment collective bargaining agreements, and provide contract information to producers, members, and members' representatives. This role may also enforce contracts, research and file claims, as well as participate in outreach and educational events. Additionally, the work for this particular Business Representative is that of an Auditor/Claims Representative.
• Drives all phases of initial compensation claims audits, including interfacing with producers, claims representatives, and our legal department.
• Identifies and documents contract violations in a proactive manner and pursues appropriate follow up.
• Interprets and enforces collective bargaining agreements and individual performer contracts.
• Signs producers to the SAG-AFTRA collective bargaining agreements and various low-budget agreements.
• Provides producers, members and their representatives with information regarding SAG-AFTRA Agreements.
• Investigates and files claims for non-compliance of contract and sees through to resolution.
• Performs Audits on Productions nationally, via Show Biz Cards
• Participates with the Legal department in arbitration preparation and by giving testimony during proceedings.
• Performs payroll audits when required.
• Represents SAG-AFTRA through participation in workshops, seminars, film festivals, panel discussions and other speaking engagements in the industry and with specialized performer groups and committees.
• Participates in meetings with producers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Must have the ability to read, understand and interpret contracts.
• Must be customer service oriented and have the ability to interact well with members, performers, studio management and staff with tact and diplomacy.
• Familiarity with Oracle systems would be advantageous.
• Familiarity with payroll systems, such as Showbiz Timecards, would be advantageous.
• Must have comprehensive mathematical knowledge and abilities.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Must be proficient in Google and Microsoft office products (Google Suite, Word, and Excel).
• Must be well-organized and detail oriented.
• Must be able to work under pressure and work to imposed deadlines.
• Must be able to multi-task and work independently.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs
• Undergraduate degree or a combination of 5 years of education and experience in a labor relations or entertainment environment preferred.
• CPA or Juris Doctor degree a plus, but not required.
• Legal knowledge/experience preferred due to the complexity of chain-of-title and financial assurances issues involved in the signatory process.
• SAG-AFTRA Writing Sample.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• The salary range for this position is $72,000 – $72,000 annually along with excellent employee benefits.
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks