SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/16/2023 11:34:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Business Representative jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Business Representative postings
Full Time Job
Business Representative (Residuals Claims)
What You’ll Do
The Business Representative will enforce the residuals provisions of the various SAG-AFTRA agreements. This role will research and file claims, and provide information to producers, members and member’s representatives.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Interprets and enforces contracts.
• Files claims on behalf of all principal performers.
• Coordinates with SAG-AFTRA’s legal department on claims referred for arbitration; prepares claims synopses summarizing residual issues and claim history; may be required to provide expert testimony in arbitration.
• Communicates with initiating claimants regarding the progress on, and ultimate resolution of, their claims; creates reasonable expectations regarding the outcome.
• Interprets and explains to members, signatory companies and third parties involved in the exploitation of SAG-AFTRA’s covered productions the residuals provisions of the SAG-AFTRA Theatrical, Television and New Media Contracts.
• Monitors exploitation of SAG-AFTRA signatory theatrical, television and new media pictures to ensure timely payment of residuals.
• Identifies producer/distributor trends or changes in producer/distributor business practices, which create interpretative problems or otherwise impact enforcement of the residuals provisions of the SAG-AFTRA Theatrical, Television and New Media Contracts for redress via collective bargaining or arbitration.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
• Represent SAG-AFTRA through participation in various member education workshops, seminars, panel discussions and/or other engagements as may be assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Must have the ability to read, understand and interpret contracts
• Must have comprehensive mathematical knowledge and abilities
• Must be customer service oriented and have the ability to interact well with members, performers, studio management and staff, with tact and diplomacy
• Must be able to multi-task, and work independently
• Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally & in writing with all levels of staff and management
• Able to accurately type 35 WPM
• Able to use PC applications
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office. Familiarity with Oracle systems would be advantageous
• Must be well organized, and detail oriented
• Must be able to work under pressure and work to imposed deadlines
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor
• Must be able to work in a very challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Labor Relations or related discipline, or 5 years' combination of education and work experience gained in a business environment.
• Accounting experience a plus.
• SAG-AFTRA Writing Sample.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Paralegal Certification or legal knowledge/experience for analyzing chain of title, secured party status, and determining legal privity a plus.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• The salary range for this position is $66,000 – $66,000 annually along with excellent employee benefits and perks.
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks