SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/3/2023 2:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Business Representative jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Business Representative postings
Full Time Job
Business Representative (Voiceover)
What You’ll Do
The Business Representative will enforce contracts, research and file claims and is responsible for administration of all aspects of SAG-AFTRA contracts administered by the Voiceover department including video games, dubbing and promo/trailers. Provide contract information to producers, members and members representatives. Participate in outreach, organizing efforts and educational events.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Provide contract rulings and interpretations to performers/members/producers and labor relations of provisions governing employment pursuant to the various SAG-AFTRA agreements.
• File claims and resolve contract disputes-including mediation with producers and attorneys as well as arbitration preparation and testimony.
• Sign companies and producers to the collective bargaining agreements.
• Organize non-signatory producers.
• Works closely with Voiceover community including agents and producers.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by management.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Must have the ability to read, understand and interpret contracts.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate complex contract issues.
• Must be customer service oriented and have the ability to interact well with members, performers, studio management and staff with diplomacy.
• Must have comprehensive mathematical knowledge and abilities.
• Must be able to assemble and use information of a confidential nature.
• Must be well organized and detail oriented.
• Must be able to work under pressure and work to imposed deadlines.
• Able to prioritize tasks and follow up on outstanding items to their conclusion.
• Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task and work independently.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Undergraduate degree or a combination of 5 years of education and experience in a labor relations or entertainment environment preferred.
• Familiarity with the entertainment, video game and dubbing industries a plus.
• Juris Doctor degree a plus, but not required.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Must have valid driver license, automobile (in reliable working condition), and current automotive insurance that meets the state minimum requirements.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• The salary range for this position is $66,000 – $66,000 annually along with excellent employee benefits.
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks