SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/2/2022 7:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Business Representative jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Business Representative postings
Full Time Job
Business Representative (Music)
What You’ll Do
The Business Representative is responsible for filing claims, grievances, and collecting payments on behalf of performers when sound recordings are used in other media, including theatrical, television, interactive, commercials, etc.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• File claims and grievances with music licensees/producers for payment due to performers.
• Interpret and enforce terms of the Sound Recordings Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Research song/performer information using a variety of resources.
• Interact with members/performers regarding the status of their claims.
• Review incoming payments to assure accuracy and timeliness.
• Perform data entry and report preparation to track claim progress.
• Provide contract and rate information to music licensees/producers and record labels, and assist them in all aspects of compliance with the Sound Recordings agreements.
• Resolve disputes, which includes mediation with producers, record labels, and attorneys, as well as arbitration preparation and testimony.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Must have the ability to read, understand and interpret contracts.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively articulate complex contract issues and compose original correspondence and reports.
• Able to communicate effectively in English; both verbal and written form.
• Must have comprehensive mathematical knowledge and abilities.
• Must be customer service oriented and the ability to interact well with members, performers, studio management and staff with discretion and diplomacy.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: a high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Independent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Must be able to type 35 WPM.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be well-organize and detail oriented.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks with multiple deadlines.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a very challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Undergraduate degree or a combination of 5 years of education and experience in a labor relations or entertainment environment preferred.
• Juris Doctor degree a plus, but not required.
• Music industry experience a plus.
• Background in contract interpretation and enforcement a plus.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks