SAG-AFTRANew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/6/2022 12:19:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Business Representative jobs in New York-NY
Search all Business Representative postings
Full Time Job
Business Representative (Field Services) *2 Openings
What You’ll Do
Monitor and enforce all SAG-AFTRA agreements on sets covering primarily the five (5) boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island and New Jersey.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Monitor and enforce contract terms and working conditions on set for the SAG-AFTRA Theatrical, Television and Commercials Agreements.
• Initiate and resolve claims on behalf of performers on set (for example: upgrades and hazard adjustments).
• Monitor contractual safety requirements in performance of stunts and ensure potentially hazardous work adheres to necessary guidelines.
• Monitor work rules for minors, including work hours and tutoring.
• Coordinate open calls for extra performers.
• Communicate with Business Representatives and Claims Managers regarding on-set problems and conditions.
• Maintain and file written daily reports for each set covered.
• Attend weekly department staff meetings.
• Promote SAG-AFTRA and its members in all communications with the industry.
• Perform other duties assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Experience with administration of collective bargaining agreements.
• Must be able to handle confrontational, volatile and stressful situations in a calm manner with patience, diplomacy and tact (combined with an intrepid, tenacious approach to the work).
• Maintain good working relations with production counterparts
• Excellent listening skills
• Ability to communicate persuasively and effectively with performers and production personnel.
• Weekend and night work required on a regular basis, flexible schedule mandatory.
• Must have high level of initiative to handle work which is largely unsupervised.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a very high paced environment.
• Able to organize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Able to prioritize tasks.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact.
• Ability to organize and expedite heavy workload efficiently.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated interpretative and analytic ability.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Able to work independently.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally
• Dedication to workers’ rights and social justice.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions), including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
*The Employer reserves the right to add, delete or change tasks and responsibilities within each job description. Further, in order to maintain efficient operations, work assignments may be redistributed on a short and long-term basis.
• College education with emphasis in labor relations preferred or equivalent level work experience
• Car in good working condition is necessary; work sites primarily covered in the five boroughs of New York City, Long Island, Westchester and New Jersey.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Must have a current driver license, automobile (in reliable working condition), and current automobile insurance that meets the state minimum requirements.
Certifications and/or Registrations: N/A
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks