SAG-AFTRANew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/13/2021 8:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Business Representative jobs in New York-NY
Search all Business Representative postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Business Representative?
Full Time Job
Business Representative (Commercials & Corporate/Educational & Non-Broadcast Contracts)
What You’ll Do
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Disseminate accurate contract rulings and interpretations of Commercials & Industrial Contracts for principal and extra performers to members, ad agencies, production companies, and talent agents.
• File claims and resolve contract disputes – includes mediation with ad agencies and attorneys as well as arbitration preparation and testimony.
• Participate in collective bargaining process, including Wages & Working Conditions Committee (W&WCC) meetings and negotiations.
• Take minutes for various meetings, including staff meetings, W&WCC meetings and negotiations.
• Work with special performer groups.
• Organize non-signatory producers.
• Participate in educational seminars for members & industry personnel.
• Supervise assistant.
• Complete additional duties as assigned by the Director.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Ability to organize, prioritize and expedite heavy workload efficiently.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively articulate complex contract issues and compose original correspondence and reports.
• Demonstrated interpretative and analytic ability.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Negotiating skills, able to negotiate with tact and diplomacy.
• Able to work under deadlines.
• Able to work independently.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work such extended hours per day or per week (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions), including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience in contract interpretation and enforcement; experience with Commercials Contract a plus.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.