Full Time Job
Business Representative (Nashville)
What You’ll Do
Responsible for administration and enforcement of collective bargaining agreements, including researching, processing and resolving claims on behalf of performers under SAG-AFTRA contracts. Interpret contractual provisions for performers, talent agents, and production personnel. Responsible for handling signatory processes and production monitoring. Participate in outreach and educational events on behalf of the Nashville Local.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Investigate, research, conciliate and resolve claims initiated by performers or their representatives.
• Field inquiries and disseminate accurate rulings and interpretations regarding the theatrical and television agreements, commercials and corporate/educational agreements, and related contracts.
• Handle signatory procedures and monitor production paperwork which may include payroll and post-production documentation.
• Conduct set visits for production in the Nashville Local and other areas, as necessary, to enforce agreements and monitor safety on sets.
• Perform a significant role in outreach and educational events and assist with organizing initiatives.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively articulate complex contract issues and compose original correspondence and reports.
• Ability to communicate persuasively and effectively with performers and production personnel.
• Must have high level of initiative to handle work that is largely unsupervised.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Ability to work under pressure in stressful situations when they arise.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team to prioritize, organize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Demonstrate interpretive and analytic ability, as well as possess comprehensive mathematical knowledge.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such a level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions), including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Undergraduate degree or a combination of 5 years of education and experience in a labor relations or entertainment environment preferred. A business or Juris Doctor degree a plus, but not required.
• Background in contract interpretation and enforcement a plus.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks