SAG-AFTRANew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/16/2020 1:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Business Representative jobs in New York-NY
Search all Business Representative postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Business Representative? *Business Representative (Entertainment Contracts - Theatrical) - New York
POSITION PURPOSE: The Business Representative provides excellent member service through advocacy, contract interpretation, and enforcement of the Theatrical contract, as well asresolving claims for performers under SAG-AFTRA collective bargaining agreements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Disseminate accurate contract rulings and interpretations of theatrical agreements for principal and background performers.
• File claims and resolve contract disputes – includes mediation with production managers, producers, attorneys as well as arbitration preparation and testimony.
• Sign companies/films to the collective bargaining agreement. (Includes obtaining the appropriate security interest and verifying the chain-of-title).
• Administer special agreements, e.g. Dubbing, all Low Budget contracts.
• Participate in collective bargaining process.
• Organize non-signatory producers.
• Handle contract waiver requests, as well as processing Taft-Hartley waivers.
• Additional duties as assigned by the director and manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Experience with administration of collective bargaining agreements.
• Must be able to handle confrontational, volatile and stressful situations in a calm manner with patience, diplomacy and tact (combined with an intrepid approach to the work).
• Excellent listening skills.
• Ability to communicate persuasively and effectively with performers and production personnel.
• Must have high level of initiative to handle work which is largely unsupervised.
• Ability to work in a very high paced environment.
• Ability to be a role model
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to organize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Able to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to expedite heavy workload efficiently.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively articulate complex contract issues and compose original correspondence and reports.
• Demonstrated interpretative and analytic ability.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Dedication to workers’ rights and social justice.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions), including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• College degree or equivalent work experience.
• Background in contract interpretation and enforcement – a plus.
Certification, licenses, and /or registrations: N/A This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.