SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Associate Strategist (Commercials Organizing)
What You’ll Do
The Associate Strategist, (Commercials Organizing) is responsible for developing and participating in activities, initiatives and projects that have strategic value to SAG-AFTRA’s Commercial Organizing Campaign, which grows member work opportunities in the commercial industry by: increasing and strengthening performer solidarity; building vital relationships with key players throughout the advertising and entertainment industry; providing information, education and support to performers, agents, advertising agencies and advertisers; identifying potentially impactful industry shifts and trends.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Broad performer outreach and relationship building in Los Angeles, in order to strengthen performer solidarity and activate and engage performers in ongoing campaign activities.
• Support and training of staff and appropriate member leaders and activists across the country on outreach, community building and effective messaging.
• Creation and implementation of educational and promotional literature in coordination with the National Director and other colleagues.
• Collection and analysis of information related to advertising and connected industries and workers.
• Thoughtful and strategic engagement with advertising industry stakeholders.
• Development and management of Commercials Organizing initiatives, events and activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Significant experience with organizing and/or community building, and knowledge of organizing techniques.
• Experience in project development and management, ability to devise and drive to successful completion both short term and long-term projects.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Understanding of the entertainment and advertising industry.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Dynamic communicator, able to clearly and effectively articulate key messages to colleagues, performers, industry professionals and others, orally and in writing.
• Creative and inventive problem solver who thrives in a collaborative environment where energetic, honest engagement is encouraged.
• Available and willing to work outside of traditional work hours and on weekends, as needed, and to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• 3 years of related experience
• Experience in union organizing, community organizing, and/or campaign management
• Experience working for a labor organization
• Experience working with performers and/or other media professionals
• Experience in the entertainment and/or advertising industries a plus
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• • • Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.