Associate Strategist, Podcasts
SAG-AFTRANew York, NY
Full Time Job
What You’ll Do
The Associate Strategist, Podcasts is responsible for developing and participating in activities, initiatives and projects that have strategic value to SAG-AFTRA’s efforts to support and protect podcast hosts, performers, and other media professionals working in the podcasting space. The Associate Strategist, Podcasts will investigate and provide regular analysis of the podcasting industry, identifying potentially impactful industry shifts and trends; build beneficial relationships with key players throughout the podcast industry; provide information, education and assistance to producers, performers and other media professionals working in the podcast industry.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Creation and distribution of educational and promotional literature and video content in coordination with the National Director and other colleagues.
• Collection and analysis of information related to the podcast industry and workers.
• Investigation of new technologies and industry trends and evaluation of their potential impact on the podcasting industry, SAG-AFTRA, and performers.
• Thoughtful and strategic engagement with podcast hosts and performers, producers, studios, and other podcast industry stakeholders.
• Administration and promotion of SAG-AFTRA’s podcast agreements.
• Work closely with the National Director to develop and implement strategies and action plans to exploit opportunities and effectively address challenges in order to increase SAG-AFTRA’s coverage of podcasts.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• A team player with superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Experience with organizing and/or community building.
• Experience in project development and management, ability to devise and drive to successful completion both short term and long term projects.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of the podcast industry and the larger entertainment industry.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Dynamic communicator, able to clearly and effectively articulate key messages to colleagues, performers, industry professionals and others, orally and in writing.
• Creative and inventive problem solver who thrives in a collaborative environment where energetic, honest engagement is encouraged.
• Available and willing to work outside of traditional work hours and on weekends, as needed, and to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• 3 years of related experience
• Experience in union organizing, community organizing, and/or campaign management
• Experience working for a labor organization
• Experience working with performers and/or other media professionals
• Experience in the entertainment industry a plus
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.