Associate Commercials Strategist
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION PURPOSE: The Associate Commercials Strategist position is responsible for participating in initiatives related to strategically repositioning SAG-AFTRA’s relationship within the commercial production community, with the goal of expanding work opportunities for a contingent workforce of commercials performers. This position is essential in developing work opportunities under the Commercials Contracts for members on a national basis, as well as building and maintaining relationships within the advertising community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Training of staff and appropriate member leaders and activists on outreach and messaging techniques across the country.
• Creation and implementation of educational literature in coordination with Commercials Strategist and other departments as necessary.
• Develop relationships with and involve member and non-member performers in ongoing campaign activities.
• Provide campaign organizing support to small and mid-sized locals.
• Ongoing support to Commercials Strategist and National Director.
• Work as a project manager on Commercials initiatives related to strategically repositioning SAG-AFTRA’s relationship with members, non-member performers and employers.
• Travel on an as needed basis.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)Experience with organizing, relationship building, campaign management, and/or organizing techniques.
• Experience with organizing, relationship building, campaign management, and/or organizing techniques.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Reasonable understanding of the advertising industry.
• Strong interrelation and communication skills.
• Able to clearly articulate key messages to colleagues, members, individual producers and large groups.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Able to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, with strong follow-through skills.
• Able to use PC applications.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Must be able to work in a very challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or a combination of 5 years of education and experience in community organizing or entertainment environment preferred.
• Experience in social work, community organizing and/or campaign management.
• Experience with collective bargaining agreements.
• Knowledge of the Commercials Contracts highly desired.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Must have a current driver license and automobile (in reliable working condition), and current automobile insurance that meets the state minimum requirements.