SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/11/2022 10:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Administrative Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Administrative Coordinator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Administrative Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
Administrative Coordinator (LA Administration)
What You’ll Do
Performs duties related to the regular handling of mail or packages, and, as directed by the Senior Manager - Administration, performs duties supporting office operations (purchasing, staff and building requests, front desk services etc.) to ensure various inter-departmental needs are met in service of our membership.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Assists, under the direction of the Senior Manager, with responding to staff and building requests. May include answering or coordinating some purchasing, logistics, maintenance, and service questions and requests.
• Assists, under the direction of the Senior Manager, with greeting and guiding technicians or vendors to appropriate locations for scheduled repairs and/or deliveries.
• May draft, print, and post signage related to office closures, compliance, and/or office nameplates.
• Assists in the coordination of special projects as appropriate.
• Receives and sorts incoming and outgoing mail and packages according to postal regulations and unit requirements. Redirects misaddressed items.
• Delivers and picks up mail and packages at proper locations within the office and designated off-site Post Office.
• Weighs and stamps or makes arrangements for outgoing mail and packages, operating mail processing machines as necessary.
• Maintains departmental records and databases (including logs of postage charges, receipt forms, request logs and other records as required).
• May be responsible for lifting and moving heavy items.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Able to operate mailroom and office equipment.
• Able to learn and apply knowledge of courier, post office, and various delivery services requirements; mailroom processes; and record management practices.
• Able to learn and apply knowledge of office management principles and procedures to administrative and procedural decisions.
• Able to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
• Information research and records management skills.
• Able to lift up to 50lbs.
• Expert organizational and clerical skills: high degree of attention to detail and time management to plan and prioritize daily tasks, identify delays and errors, and maintain records.
• Expert interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact, and must be able to cultivate relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Proficient in PC applications and Internet-based systems.
• Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written.
• Able to use sound judgment, discretion, and maintain confidentiality.
• Able to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple assignments and projects; able to thrive in a highly dynamic work environment; able to develop creative solutions.
• Able to maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
• Skills and Experience: Proven work experience as an Administrative Coordinator or similar role.
• Must have a current drivers license, automobile (in reliable working condition), and current automobile insurance that meet the CA minimum requirements.
• 1-2 years of mailroom or mail services experience.
• 3-5 year of administrative support experience.
• Basic Office Skills: Spelling, math, grammar, and filing – passing score: 76%
• Typing test 35 WPM
• Microsoft Word (basic and intermediate) – passing score: 76%
• Microsoft Excel (basic and intermediate) – passing score: 76%
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks