Administrative Coordinator - Music
SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Administrative Coordinator (Music)
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work. -
What You’ll Do
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Music department, including but not limited to, answering phones, mailing checks, data entry, and general administrative tasks.
This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.
• Answers multiple phone lines, screens calls and directs to appropriate staff.
• Assists with questions and providing basic information.
• Enters production data into Oracle or other databases.
• Responsible for preparation, logging and sending out checks to performers at the direction of other departmental staff.
• Assists with processing Taft-Hartley performers, including entering work history into Oracle.
• Assists with obtaining performer change of address forms when needed.
• General administrative duties (filing, copying, scanning, mailing).
• Provide administrative support as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
• Excellent phones skills (able to listen effectively and determine caller’s needs).
• Strong customer service skills (can handle stressful calls with tact and diplomacy).
• General administrative skills (typing, filing copying and data entry)
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Demonstrate effective skills in the use of PC applications, knowledge of Oracle a plus.
• Must be able to accurately type at 35 WPM
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• High School or equivalent.
• Industry experience a plus.
Basic Office Skills: Spelling, math, grammar, and filing – passing score: 76%
Typing test 35 WPM
Microsoft Word and Excel tests (basic and intermediate) – passing score: 76%
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
Autonomy to do your job well
Balance between work and home life responsibilities
Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
Generous pension plan
Employee discounts and perks