SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/19/2023 8:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Administrative Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Administrative Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Administrative Assistant (Residuals Claims)
What You’ll Do
Provide a high level of administrative support to the Residuals Claims Department team.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Handle phone calls for the department.
• Prepare correspondence, including claim letters , for mailing on behalf of business representatives.
• Order and maintain an inventory of supplies.
• Coordinate travel arrangements.
• Prepare and deliver residuals payments as requested.
• Work with SAG-AFTRA staff in other departments, particularly Residuals Processing, IT, Contact Center, and other Contracts departments in order to effectively intake residuals inquiries.
• Coordinate referrals from Residuals Claims to the Legal Department and interact with Legal, as necessary.
• Open, organize and distribute incoming mail, including payroll and residuals checks and coordinate handling and delivery of claims payments checks and reporting to both reps and Processing.
• Organize, update and maintain calendar of meetings and events for the department.
• Intake information regarding discrepancies in payment amounts and submitting inquiries/claims for delinquent residuals.
• Prepare completed claims for scanning into database.
• Assist Workflow Coordinator with the overflow of basic email questions sent via email.
• General administrative duties, faxing, typing mailing, distributing and organizing folders.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in support of the
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Exercise proper judgment in basic to complex situations
• Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with members, producers, agents, attorneys, sister unions worldwide, and others.
• Must be able to be diplomatic and discreet in sensitive and confidential matters.
• Consistent professional and articulate telephone manner.
• Must be able to respond to difficult situations and individuals in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English; in both verbal and written form.
• Demonstrate proficiency in PC software applications such as Google Suite, MS Word, Excel, Oracle, etc.; strong spelling and proofreading;
• Ability to retrieve and relate information accurately and promptly.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Work independently and as part of a team.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Hold oneself and others accountable to a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such a level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non-exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business need.
• High school diploma, secretarial training and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• College degree or college courses a plus.
• Previous administrative support experience required.
• Basic skills: spelling, math, grammar and filing – passing score: 76%
• Microsoft Word and Excel tests (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Typing test 35 WPM
• Writing test
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• The salary for this position is $24.00 per hour along with excellent employee benefits.
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks