SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/14/2023 6:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Union & Trade Organizations Category
Search for Administrative Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Administrative Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Administrative Assistant (Commercials & Corporate Educational & Non-Broadcast Contracts)
What You’ll Do
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Answer and direct telephone calls.
• Assist in organization and maintenance of department.
• Research and prepare special reports and memos as needed.
• Prepare for teleconference and video conference committee meetings and other industry meetings: schedule meeting dates, organize calls, prepare documents etc.
• Assist National Director with special projects.
• Compose original correspondence on behalf of supervisors.
• Institute follow-up on pending matters and complete assignments independently.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Work independently and as part of a team. Take initiative in organizing and alleviating workload of supervisors.
• Be highly proficient in all aspects of the position with track record of mastery and success at administrative support responsibilities.
• Consistent professional and articulate telephone manner. Ability to respond to difficult situations and individuals in a diplomatic manner.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally. Ability to correspond and communicate professionally with senior staff, committee members, board members and industry executives.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to take dictation at 60 WPM.
• Demonstrated proficiency in PC software applications such as MS Word, Excel, Oracle; strong spelling and proofreading; database data entry.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt to a fast-paced work environment, coordinating and prioritizing multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Ability to retrieve and relate information accurately and promptly.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non-exempt positions) per day or per week, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• High school diploma, administrative assistant and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required; College degree or applicable college courses a plus.
• Previous support experience is preferred.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
• Basic skills- math, spelling, grammar and filing – passing score: 76%
• Word and Excel (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Typing test (35 WPM)
• Writing test
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks