SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Administrative Assistant (People & Culture)
What You’ll Do
The Administrative Assistant will be exposed to all facets of the department and its functions. This position will be responsible for providing support to the People & Culture department by working on special projects and other general administrative tasks.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Organizing employee files for scanning purposes.
• Filing, maintaining and archiving all relevant documents in employee files.
• Process employee status changes.
• Scheduling virtual and in-person meetings as needed.
• Receive and distribute mail and triage phone calls.
• Coordinating the creation and distribution of ID badges for employees, associates, consultants and Board members with Security.
• Assist with organizing events and special functions.
• Assist in providing information for employment verification.
• Assist in various administrative tasks such as, but not limited to, ordering flowers, mailing out recognition awards, ordering office supplies and business cards, and invoice processing.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Must be able to be diplomatic and discreet in handling sensitive and confidential matters.
• Must be a quick learner.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated proficiency in PC software applications (Microsoft Office and Google Suite).
• Consistent professional and articulate telephone manner.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to follow through.
• Initiative regarding follow-up procedures on pending matters.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be highly organized and detail oriented for multi-detailed workload.
• Able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
• Able to retrieve and relate information accurately and promptly.
• Able to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks with multiple deadlines.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in an administrative support role, preferably in a Human Resources department.
Certifications and/or Registrations:
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.