SAG-AFTRANew York, CA
Full Time Job
Administrative Assistant (Field Services)
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work. ?
What You’ll Do
The Administrative Assistant provides overall professional level administrative support to National Director, Field Services . As a highly visible member of the Field Services team, you will be tasked with the following areas of responsibility:
• Answer department’s incoming calls.
• Organize and maintain files; scan documents.
• Input and retrieve computer data.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
• Must be resourceful and flexible in the role of streamlining Field Services set coverage.
• Be highly proficient in all aspects of the position with track record of mastery and success at administrative support responsibilities.
• Demonstrated proficiency in PC software applications such as MS Word, Excel, Oracle; strong spelling and proofreading); database data entry.
• Must be able to organize data and research information.
• Consistent professional and articulate telephone manner. Ability to deal with people diplomatically.
• Work independently and as part of a team. Take initiative in organizing and alleviating workload of supervisors.
• Initiative regarding follow-up procedures on pending matters.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate to producers, attorneys, etc.
• Highly organized and detail oriented for multi-detailed workload. Ability to adapt to a fast paced work environment.
• Must be discreet in sensitive and confidential matters.
• Ability to retrieve and relate information accurately and promptly
• Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks with multiple deadlines.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• High school diploma, administrative assistant and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous experience in entertainment industry a plus.
• Basic skills: spelling, math, grammar and filing – passing score: 76%
• Microsoft Word and Excel tests (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Typing test 35 WPM
• Writing test
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
Balance between work and home life responsibilities
Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
Generous pension plan
Employee discounts and perks