SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Administrative Assistant (Residuals Claims/Foreign Royalties & Residuals Analysis)
Provide a high level of support to the National Director of Residuals Claims and the National Director of Foreign Royalties & Residuals Analysis.
include: Coordinating department projects and events, answering phones, preparing correspondence, coordinating travel arrangements, scheduling and preparing for meetings, supporting preparation for negotiations, supporting foreign royalty processes and payrolls, and interacting with SAG-AFTRA members, producers, distributors, outside counsel and staff in sister unions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Develop a working knowledge of residuals in order to be able to respond to inquiries from members, producers, distributors, and outside attorneys.
• Develop a working knowledge of foreign royalties in order to respond to inquiries from members.
• Handle phone calls for both National Directors.
• Prepare residuals claims for referral and delivery to the SAG-AFTRA Legal department.
• Prepare correspondence, including claim letters.
• Support the Foreign Royalties quarterly payroll processes.
• Order and maintain an inventory of supplies for both departments
• Manage relationships and billing related to TV Monitoring systems, and Tri-Guild Audit; prepare invoices for submission to Finance for payment.
• Coordinate travel arrangements.
• Prepare and deliver to outside audit firms residuals payment histories as requested for Tri-Guild Audits.
• Institute follow-up on pending matters, and complete assignments independently.
• Work with SAG-AFTRA staff in other departments, particularly Processing, IT, Customer Support, other Contracts departments and Legal in order to effectively resolve residuals and/or foreign royalties' issues.
• Open, organize and distribute incoming mail, including payroll and residuals checks.
• Organize, update, and maintain calendar of meetings and events for both departments
• Support negotiation preparation and processes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in support of two departments.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Exercise proper judgment in basic to complex situations
• Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with members, producers, agents, attorneys, sister unions worldwide, and others.
• Must be able to be diplomatic and discreet in sensitive and confidential matters.
• Consistent professional and articulate telephone manner.
• Must be able to respond to difficult situations and individuals in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English; in both verbal and written form.
• Demonstrate proficiency in PC software applications such as MS Word, Excel, Oracle; strong spelling and proofreading;
• Ability to retrieve and relate information accurately and promptly.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Work independently and as part of a team.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non-exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends/holidays as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• High school diploma, secretarial training and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• College degree or college courses a plus.
• Previous support experience required
• Basic skills: spelling, math, grammar and filing – passing score: 76%
• Microsoft Word and Excel tests (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Writing Test
• Typing test 35 WPM