SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Administrative Assistant (Organizing)
The Administrative Assistant provides support to the National Director, Organizing, and the Organizing Department and will interact with SAG-AFTRA members, as well as potential new members. This role will schedule meetings, as well as coordinates travel, special projects, meetings/events, and answers phones. Additionally, this position will maintain member lists and databases, and complete other tasks that support organizing campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Assists with event and meeting preparation; which includes sending announcements, securing venues, arranging refreshments, and preparing materials.
• Assists with special projects, takes notes when needed, composes correspondence, meeting notifications, and other related duties.
• Assists in the organization and maintenance of the department.
• Works independently and takes initiative with supporting the Supervisor and Organizing department staff.
• Coordinates and prepares travel arrangements and itineraries.
• Answers phones and routes calls accordingly.
• Responds to routine inquiries.
• Creates and maintains member lists and databases.
• Researches and prepares reports and memorandums, as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment.
• Ability to be flexible.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both in verbal and written form.
• Consistent professional and articulate telephone manner. Ability to deal with people diplomatically and tactfully.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to follow through
• Able to use PC applications.
• Capable of working effectively under pressure, and to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Hold yourself and others accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions) per day or per week, including weekends and as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• High school diploma, secretarial training and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous support experience required.
• Microsoft Office experience highly preferred.
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
• Basic skills- math, spelling, grammar, and filing – passing score: 76%
• Word and Excel (basic, intermediate and advanced) – passing score: 76%
• Typing Test – 35 WPM
• Writing test