SAG-AFTRALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
What You’ll Do
Responsible for processing and reviewing financial transactions and ensuring they are submitted accurately and in a timely manner. Maintain the general ledger accounting system by completing required general ledger account reconciliations, as well as booking monthly journal entries. Prepare documentation for internal controls, perform periodic internal control reviews, support audits, and provide financial schedules and reports for management.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Complete assigned monthly ledger entries and other financial processes in accordance with accounting principles so that the general ledger is accurate and up-to-date.
• Reconcile medium-to-complex accounts and check the accuracy of journal entries to ensure that the general ledger is accurate and complete.
• Maintain and balance subsidiary ledgers by verifying, allocating, reconciling transactions; identify and resolve discrepancies.
• Prepare and analyze financial schedules and reports for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to Management’s attention.
• Lead the internal controls process by sampling, testing, and communicating results.
• Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
• Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, data, flowcharts, etc.
• Document process and prepare reports that reflect audit results and findings.
• Identify potential vulnerabilities, recommend improvements, or revisions to procedures, as needed.
• Coordinate internal and external audit preparation.
• Liaise with other departments to resolve accounting matters.
• Coach and develop junior staff, as needed.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
What You’ll Need
We want to make sure you’re successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Must stay abreast of accounting pronouncements by reading professional publications and attending training.
• Experience with computerized ledger systems (Oracle accounting software preferred).
• Strong problem solving, analytical, project management, and documentation skills.
• Takes initiative, is able to work independently, and exercises professional judgment.
• Project a professional demeanor and possess strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
• Attention to detail; accuracy in daily work and other projects.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet required deadlines.
• Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Management; and keeps Management informed of any issues that may arise.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: functions well in a team-oriented environment, high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Capable of taking direction from more than one supervisor, and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a challenging environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA’s sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Accounting, Finance, etc.) and 5-7 years of relevant experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Experience SOX control environment preferred.
• CPA preferred.
What You’ll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members’ work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.