SAG-AFTRA FoundationLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Los Angeles Program Assistant provides support to Los Angeles program staff on behalf of all programs and events in Los Angeles. The SAG-AFTRA Foundation provides vital assistance and educational programming to the professionals of SAG-AFTRA while serving the public at large through its signature children's literacy programs. This department produces unique, exciting and empowering programs for SAG-AFTRA members. Through these programs, actors dig deeper into the acting process, learn the business, gain inspiration, and preserve the history of the craft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides administrative support to the National Director of Performers Programs.
• Provides core support to the programing staff in the administration of their responsibilities.
• Assists with gathering information and researches potential new programming and drafts event descriptions, as needed.
• Researches potential submissions and assists in processing films for the Los Angeles Short Film Showcase.
• Provides programming and special event back up and outreach, as needed.
• Helps with facilitating small group workshops.
• Organizes and prioritizes dissemination of information to program participants.
• Provides National Programs support.
• Helps to coordinate arrangements for on and off site meetings, workshops and events.
• Responds to requests for information about all actors' programs.
• Manages member inquiries regarding events.
• Tracks the attendance records of members.
• Processes performer eligibility for programs.
• Is responsible for collating attendance and survey data and reporting out quarterly.
• Organizes and replenishes office supplies for the staff.
• Works collaboratively with Director of Communications on social media coverage of Los Angeles programming, as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Requirements & Preferences:
• This position would suit someone with experience in Awards PR, television programming, film festival programming or entertainment journalism.
• Proficiency with G suite, Photoshop, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) Mailchimp required
• Must be available and willing to work such overtime or extended hours as SAG-AFTRA Foundation determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Nighttime/weekend availability required.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality of information
• Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented
• Ability to work in a very high paced environment
• Able to organize and coordinate multiple tasks under deadline
• Excellent interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work independently and as a member of a team
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA Foundation's sole discretion
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME & COVER LETTER (REQUIRED). ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
The SAG-AFTRA Foundation is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.
$22/HR Retirement plans, Holiday Bonus, Health, Vision, Dental, PTO
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME & COVER LETTER (REQUIRED). ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online