Associate Communications Director
SAG-AFTRA FoundationLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Associate Communications Director jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Associate Communications Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Communications Director? Job Summary
The Associate Director of Communications is a member of SAG-AFTRA Foundation's communications team who works alongside the organization's Director of Communications to develop and execute SAF's communications strategy; conduct proactive and reactive public relations about SAF's work; field media requests; draft communications, talking points, and event marketing materials; and produce and manage SAF's internal communications, publications and social media. The ideal candidate is an outstanding writer and copy editor with project management experience and excellent knowledge of public relations strategy and execution.
• Collaborate with Director of Communications to develop and execute communications strategy that builds profile of campaigns and leadership
• Assist the Director of Communications with development of press releases, public statements, talking points, and other communications materials
• Work with the Director of Communications to proactively pitch stories about SAF's work and events to top-tier news and entertainment outlets
• Market and promote SAF's events via development of media partnerships and securing coverage among local media outlets
• Assist with media on-site at SAF events
• Ensure that internal description and messaging about SAF's work is consistent and in line with brand guidelines
• Write content for SAF publications, including SAF's annual report
• Manage all aspects of editorial and production processes for SAF stories for various publications
• Craft copy for marketing and social media assets
• Required: Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field.
• Required: Minimum of four (4) years professional experience in public relations, communications, or marketing
• Required: Demonstrated ability to research, write and convey complex and fact-checked information in a variety of formats to a variety of audiences (e.g., media professionals, donors, and other stakeholders).
• Required: Demonstrated copy-editing ability, including working knowledge of Associated Press style.
• Required: Deep understanding of the entertainment industry
• Successful and experienced in drafting media pitches, press releases, news articles and other communications materials.
• Exemplary project management skills.
• Ability to work well with diverse teams and individuals (including internal staff and external vendors)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite
• Self-starter, able to juggle projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Candidates must have skills necessary to collaborate within a diverse and inclusive environment.
The Associate Director of Communications reports to the Director of Communications and at times will work with various department heads on communications about their programs to guide and inform their messaging.