Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/6/2022 11:16:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Staff Attorney jobs in Sacramento-CA
Search all Staff Attorney postings
Full Time Job
The Sacramento Kings organization is an engaging, fast-paced, and fun Sports and Entertainment Franchise. As a member of our team, you'll be given the opportunity to impact the Sacramento region both on and off the court. Combining a collaborative and innovative work environment with a talented and diverse staff, we've created a workforce in which every team member has the tools to reach their full potential.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Under the supervision of counsel, review, edit, summarize, and draft a variety of documents.
• Study and research existing contracts relating to inquiries or disputes.
• Research legal issues for the development of policies and procedures.
• Research recent industry developments.
• Research applicable rules, regulations, and guidelines, including those set forth in league governing documents.
• Assist counsel with implementation and maintenance of contract management system.
• Assist counsel with issues relating to litigation, including legal research and document production
• Assist with day-to-day workflow of contracts.
• Attend meetings as requested.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree, Juris Doctor from accredited law school, and state bar membership required.
• Attorney with two to four years of experience.
• Legal research skills required.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information required.
• Familiarity with sports law and business preferred.
• Strong academic track record preferred.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team alignment skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department
The Sacramento Kings Organization is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital/familial status or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. The Sacramento Kings organization also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.