Paid Intern - Legal Services
Sacramento KingsSacramento, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/1/2023 11:26:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Paid Intern - Legal Services jobs in Sacramento-CA
Search all Paid Intern - Legal Services postings
Part Time Paid Internship
You could be part of the excitement at the Sacramento Kings. Our internship program will contribute to your education and to your professional growth and development. Our program has a rich combination of learning and networking activities that will make your term impactful, beneficial, and yes, FUN!
Interns may be responsible for any relocation and/or housing expenses.
Timeframe: June 2023 - August 2023 (Must be able to work at least 25 hours a week)
Wage: $15.50/hour, no relocation or housing expenses provided.
MUST be enrolled in your Junior or Senior year at a College or University or a recent graduate (within 12 months) to be eligible.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Under the supervision of counsel, review, edit, summarize, and draft a variety of documents.
• Study and research existing contracts relating to inquiries or disputes.
• Research legal issues for the development of policies and procedures.
• Research recent industry developments.
• Research applicable rules, regulations, and guidelines, including those set forth in league governing documents.
• Assist counsel with the implementation and maintenance of the contract management system.
• Assist counsel with issues relating to litigation, including legal research and document production
• Assist with the day-to-day workflow of contracts.
• Attend meetings as requested.
• Makes decisions with little or no choice as to the methods and procedures used in achieving results.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Currently enrolled at and completed a minimum of two years, or recently graduated from an accredited law school required.
• Legal research skills required.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information required.
• Familiarity with sports law and business preferred.
• Strong academic track record preferred.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Strong team alignment skills and ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department
The Sacramento Kings Organization is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital/familial status or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. The Sacramento Kings organization also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.